Thursday, June 09, 2005

Love and Scientology



Now, I am no ga-ga fan of Hollywood stars, and take only a passing notice of the latest "high-profile romances". But apparently I am in the minority, or at least the MSM thinks so. For weeks now, we have been subjected to gossip and coverage about the latest such couple: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ("Tomkat", as they have been called). So what?

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I saw an interesting spot on the couple and on Ms. Holmes' openness to (involvement in) Tom Cruise's cult - Scientology. I don't recall exactly what she said, but it was very positive about the group.

Anyway it made me do some digging and I found THIS interesting article on how Tom's involvement in the cult has affected his movie career.

Here are some more resources on Scientology:

Official Scientology Home Page

Tom Cruise believing in spaceships is not acting

WELS Q & A on Scientology (1)

WELS Q & A on Scientology (2)

No comments: