Pastor Todd Wilken, of "Issues, Etc..." posed some interesting questions on a recent edition of the program. What hymns and passages would you choose to be sung and read at your own funeral?
Here are my current favorites:
1. This Joyful Eastertide (my favorite Easter hymn)
2. A Mighty Fortress (of course)
3. Abide With Me (for the sappy sentiment factor)
1. Psalm 51 (I have always identified with David)
2. Matthew 28, the Great Commission (and my Confirmation passage)
3. Romans 1:16-17 (I am not ashamed of the Gospel... the righteous live by faith)
What would you choose?