Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Jesus Loves Me - Calvinist Version

A pastor friend of mine sent this to me. Just a little jest at Calvinism's expense:

Jesus Loves Me
A Calvanist Rendition


Jesus loves me! This I know
For Election tells me so
Sovereign God loves me so well,
Too bad He wants you in hell!

Refrain:
Yes, Jesus loves me
Maybe He loves me
I hope He loves me
I guess I’ll never know!


Jesus loves me! I can sin
While the Spirit stays within
Christ has triumphed, this is true
Died for me but not for you

Refrain

Jesus loves me! Who is He?
Sovereign God is all I see
From eternity to damn
Am I Jesus’ little lamb?


Refrain


Jesus loves me! So they say
I’ll find out on Judgment Day
Every man is all depraved…
Holy Cow! I hope I’m saved!


Refrain


Jesus drove me to despair
I can’t find Him anywhere
Guess I’ll pray to someone new
Tell me, what would Buddha do?

No comments: