I was thinking today, that the Transfiguration (according to Luke's account) is in a way, the "anti-Gethsemane" event. Notice the similarities/contrasts:
1. Peter, James and John go with Jesus
2. They are sleepy
3. Jesus is praying
4. At the Transfiguration: light like crazy. At Gethsemane: "the hour of the power of darkness"
5. The 2 ancient messengers of God (Moses and Elijah) converse with Jesus, while in Gethsemane, angelic messengers minister to him.
6. In both cases, Jesus is specifically concerned with the events of Good Friday - "his departure" and "this cup"
7. At the Mt. the Father speaks. In the Garden, Jesus specifically adresses the Father.
Am I on to something here?